ClamWin Free Antivirus Forum Index
ClamWin Free Antivirus
Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic
0.94: "WARNING: Can't access file \\?\C:\"
sierrabravo

First, thanks for the application!

Second, I am trying all of this *without* using the ClamWin installer -- I am trying to copy the files to each box on our network and then run a script with Windows Task Scheduler; from what I can gather the installation of the software isn't required, and the registry keys created at install are only needed for the install. The idea here was that it would be a faster roll-out without needing the install on each machine, and that with a scheduled task we could get it to run without the user being logged in (so that it can happen at night).

My error is this:
"WARNING: Can't access file \\?\C:\"

This is my batch script in case it makes any difference (clamscan.bat); it was copied and modified from the script that I found here http://forums.clamwin.com/viewtopic.php?p=7782#7782

Code:
ECHO OFF
rem mount the Database drive:
net use V: \\servername\bravoclam somepass /user:clamscan

rem Start the scan
"C:\Program Files\BravoClam\App\bin\clamscan.exe" --tempdir=%temp% --keep-mbox --stdout --database="V:" --no-phishing-sigs --no-phishing-scan-urls --infected --max-files=500 --max-scansize=150M --max-recursion=5 --max-filesize=100M --exclude="[^\]*\.dbx$" --exclude="[^\]*\.tbb$" --exclude="[^\]*\.pst$" --exclude="[^\]*\.dat$" --exclude="[^\]*\.log$" --exclude="[^\]*\.evt$" --exclude="[^\]*\.nsf$" --exclude="[^\]*\.ntf$" --exclude="[^\]*\.chm$" --move="C:\Program Files\BravoClam\Quarantine" --memory --kill -r "C:\" > "C:\Program Files\BravoClam\Scan_Results.txt"

net use V: /delete

goto answer%errorlevel%

:answer0
eventcreate /l APPLICATION /so BravoClam /t INFORMATION /id 1 /d "No viruses found in scan of C:\"
"C:\Program Files\BravoClam\Mailer\blat.exe" "c:\Program Files\BravoClam\Scan_Results.txt" -to ClamAV@XXXXX.com -subject "Virus Scan Complete for %COMPUTERNAME%" -f %COMPUTERNAME%@XXXXX.com -server mail.XXXXX.net
goto end

:answer1
eventcreate /l APPLICATION /so BravoScan /t WARNING /id 2 /d "Possible Virus found in scan of C:\"
"C:\Program Files\BravoClam\mailer\blat.exe" "c:\Program Files\BravoClam\Scan_Results.txt" -to ClamAV@XXXXX.com -subject "Virus Found on %COMPUTERNAME%" -f %COMPUTERNAME%@XXXXX.com -server mail.XXXXX.net
goto end

:end
exit

Confused Rolling Eyes
alch
Site Admin

try using "c:" instead of "c:\"
try using "C:"
sierrabravo

Actually I had the error initially with "C:" but after posting on the IRC #clamwin I was told to try "C:\" which also returned the error.

I had a number of scheduled tasks happen last night, however, without any errors that I am aware of, so maybe it was just a fluke accident on that one computer?
0.94: "WARNING: Can't access file \\?\C:\"