Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic
Errors During Scan Halting the Scan.
nuncus

O/S = WIN98SE
RAM=1GB
CPU=AMD Athelon 1800+ xp

Folks:

Every time I attempt torun a virus scan with ClamWin .94, the scan actually begins to run, and it runs for a very short while, but then, every time, I receive the following error message and ClamWin closes without finisihing its scan:

An error occured during virus scan. Please review the scan report."

The scan report is always blank, and there is no further information to be found regarding the nature of the "error."

Scans for a very few files do in fact go through; and I do get a virus scan report.

It appears to me that the problem arises when Clamwin attempts to scan any directory like "c:\windows" in which there are subdirectories.

Is this a recursion bug perhaps?

I have reinstalled WIN98SE already once; and most everything else seems to run OK; but the Clamwin malfunction persists. I also re-installed ClamWin itself but to no avail.

Is there any possible way to fix this?

Could someone please help me with this? Remember, this is a Win98SE system, so the memory cache is still the "vcache."

Thank you for your kind assistance,

Nuncus
GuitarBob

I'm not sure if this will help with your problem, but you might check the online FAQ and do a search of previous forum topics. I recall seeing several Win 98 posts in the past.

Regards,
Errors During Scan Halting the Scan.