ClamWin Free Antivirus Forum Index
ClamWin Free Antivirus
Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic
Keep the option to use as on-demand scanner
Green

At first. Thank you all who have been developing this great open source antivirus software. Very Happy

I registered to post a requests to only find that the Feature Requests section is closed Sad so I post this in here.

I read that the on-access scanning is under development, what is great, but I have a wish that an option to use only a on-demand scanning will remain. This is simply because, that I and I think many others use ClamWin only for on-demand scanning as a secondary scanner and I just love the idea that I can run ClamWin directly from memory stick without a installing the software. I have been trying to find a long time a good real on-demand scanner and ClamWin is exactly what I was looking for. It would be a shame if I have to start looking again. Wink

And what I mean by real on-demand scanner is that the other scanners what claims to be only a on-demand scanner haves always a essential process running on the background. For me that pretty much kills the idea of on-demand scanner. Sure ClamWin also haves that tray icon thingy, but ClamWin doesn't go all crazy if just disable it.

So please, keep also a option to use ClamWin as an only for real Wink on-demand scanning and the option to run ClamWin from memory stick or CD.
alch
Site Admin

Thanks for the compliments. Of course we will keep it as on-demand scanner only.
Green

Great Smile And thanks again.
Keep the option to use as on-demand scanner