ClamWin Free Antivirus Forum Index
ClamWin Free Antivirus
Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic
problem with --move switch with clamscan
ih8gates

when using the --move swithc, clamscan appears to simply wrap a "move" command around a file it finds, passing it the file that is infected. it appears, though, that clamscan sends it the entire filename with path as the 2nd argument (the "to" location). so it tries to do, essentially:

move "c:\test\infected.txt" "c:\quarantine\c:\test\infected.txt"

which of course, doesn't work. i get errors like:

ERROR: cannot move 'C:\download\eicar_com.zip' to 'c:\quarantine/C:\download\eicar_com.zip': No such file or directory

i've tried different options for defining the --move directory, but none have worked:

c:\quarantine
c:\quarantine\
c:/quarantine

has anyone had success with this?
alch
Site Admin

Clamwin uses --move switch successfully:
--move="/cygdrive/c/quarantine"
ih8gates

is that to say that clamscan isn't supported as part of the clamwin project?

i'm using clamscan since in this case i need a CLI. does clamwin support a command line interface?
alch
Site Admin

Quote:
is that to say that clamscan isn't supported as part of the clamwin project?

i'm using clamscan since in this case i need a CLI. does clamwin support a command line interface?

No, what I am saying that clamwin calls clamscan.exe with this parameter successfully. Try to use the quotation marks and /cygdrive/c notation.
--move="/cygdrive/c/quarantine"
ih8gates

hhmm. strange. i still get the same error. i'm using the following in my batch file:

"C:\Program Files\ClamWin\bin\clamscan.exe" --infected --no-summary --bell --move="c:\quarantine" --database="c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\.clamwin\db" %1

i was just trying to get clamscan to work with the download statusbar plugin in firefox but will, as recommended in your other recent post, switch over to using 'firefox glue' instead.
alch
Site Admin

tyr this instead:
"C:\Program Files\ClamWin\bin\clamscan.exe" --infected --no-summary --bell --move="/cygdrive/c/quarantine" --database="/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/All Users/.clamwin/db" %1

However clamwin glue for firefox will display a messagebox which is better then a beep.

Also please be aware that both plugins will run the downloaded file (if you chose to execute it rather then download) before it gets scanned
ih8gates

Quote:
Also please be aware that both plugins will run the downloaded file (if you chose to execute it rather then download) before it gets scanned

yikes! thanks for the tip.

i guess that's inherent in the way that FF passes info from it's download manager?
alch
Site Admin

Quote:
i guess that's inherent in the way that FF passes info from it's download manager?

I couldn't find the other way, download manager notifies plugin asynchronously. However I didn't research the topic thoroughly enough.
problem with --move switch with clamscan