ClamWin Free Antivirus Forum Index
ClamWin Free Antivirus
Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic
clamwin finds virus but does nothing please look pic
ca240sx

it will stay here for hours and dosent do anything else, how do i fix this?

sherpya

hmm maybe it's not able to terminate the process and hangs definitively I'll add a timeout in the next release
Infections
GuitarBob

Looks like you may have a serious infection. I did a search of the ClamAV signature database and turned up something for Adware.CommAd-2, but I didn't find anything for Trojan.Downloader.VB-104. I did Google that name however and found something on an Ad-Aware forum (http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=1656). The downloader may target you with lots of other bad stuff. I hope you have antivirus/trojan removal software because the guy in the Ad-Aware forum couldn't get rid of all the stuff he had because of all the registry changes that had been made. It appears he dropped his thread in disgust. I suggest you disconnect from the Web and use another computer to get removal software. This guy had ClamWin and he had tried Stinger, Ad-Aware, and others. He was using his Hi-Jack This log to monitor results, and they weren't good. You might try the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool, Kaspersky and Avira's AntiVir. Good luck.

Regards,
clamwin finds virus but does nothing please look pic