ClamWin Free Antivirus Forum Index
ClamWin Free Antivirus
Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic
ROCKNROLLKID

ClamAV scan code and ports already have 64-bit versions, even their Windows version. So it shouldn't be an issue to port ClamWin to a 64-bit version, either.

While I got Alch and Sherpya's attention, do you guys mind checking this top out, too: http://forums.clamwin.com/viewtopic.php?t=4178 A user had gladly found a way to run ClamWin as a service and I think should be done to ClamWin by default now, which should help speed up ClamWin scans and lower system resources (which I think are big problems with ClamWin).
jimimaseye

For the record Sherpya, I use the CLAMD service as provided by you on your http://oss.netfarm.it/clamav/ site. (I did send you an email a few days ago asking whether you have plans in creating 0.99 version of your windows port and/or this clamd service program what with Clamwin now released at 0.99). Would this CLAMD.exe file also need to be changed to accommodate the 64bit install of Clamwin (if you did in fact end up shipping them as you suggest in your last post)?

Last edited by jimimaseye on Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
jimimaseye

Very Happy Very Happy

I just read back my last post and saw RNRK's posting before mine. The post/topic he refers to was from me. Laughing I can tell you that running Clamd with clamwin is umpteen times better. Speed, low resources and yet with the nicety of the GUI. Would be great if it came as standard.
GuitarBob

Good! Clamd is a also a prerequisite for using the Clam AV real-time function on Linux. Perhaps it could eventually be a back-door to real-time on Windows.

Regards,
ROCKNROLLKID

I suppose that would solve 3 problems with ClamWin: speed up scans, reduce system resources, and a real-time protection. I oftened wonder how the native port for ClamAV on Windows works compared to ClamWin, but I never could get the native port to work on my system.
GuitarBob

I can't get it to work either, RRK. The installation is a hurdle!

Regards,
Clamwin 0.98 scan ALWAYS shows 2 undefined/undetailed errors