ClamWin Free Antivirus Forum Index
ClamWin Free Antivirus
Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic
Save report button doesn't work
jj

When I finish a scan the button is greyed out and inactive. I can see the summary and the last part of the report, and that is all.
Cheers JJ
GuitarBob

What system are you using ClamWin on? How long have you been using ClamWin? How long have you had this problem? If you have just installed ClamWin, you might uninstall it and try a re-install and see if that corrects the problem.

Regards,
jj

[quote="GuitarBob"]What system are you using ClamWin on? How long have you been using ClamWin? How long have you had this problem? If you have just installed ClamWin, you might uninstall it and try a re-install and see if that corrects the problem.

Regards,[/quote]

Hi Guitar Bob,
I'm using Windows 7 and have been using Clamwin for years. I've always had this problem. I've only recently updated to ClamAV0.98.1, but the problem still recurred.
I've changed my clamwin default log limit size to 5Mb but that hasn't helped.
ROCKNROLLKID

Actually the save report doesn't work on my system either. Running Windows 7 64-bit.
GuitarBob

I don't think ClamWin has been tested on many x64 machines. I'm currently having some issues myself on Win 8 x64 after some Windows patches.

This is a good advertisement for more ClamWin x64 beta testers. It will certainly need them if it is going to be around after x32 models go away. Unfortunately, most of the AVs I've look at recently still run as x32 programs on x64.

I'm sure the ClamWin developers will take note of this and hopefully look into it for the next version of ClamWin.

Regards,
ROCKNROLLKID

I already got that covered for ClamWin. I know people who use ClamWin on 64-bit machines. If ClamWin does release a 64-bit client, my people will test them out for you.
GuitarBob

Thanks, RRK. I suppose the ClamWin developers will eventually have to release a 64 bit version if they want to stay in the game. Maybe that's why lots of AVs now license the scan engine of other/better AVs with a well-qualified staff--to keep from having to go out of business as technology changes.

Regards,
Spearo

I've always had this problem with the report button being greyed out too. I'm using Windows 8.1 64 bit.
Also, when a scan is made it usually reports two finds. (which I believe are false positives) These are highlighted in red, but when the scan finishes and I scroll back to find them again in the list, there is no longer anything highlighted in red and I can't locate them anywhere in the list. There doesn't seem to be anywhere to re-check where these finds are!
GuitarBob

Yes, I've seen some strange things on my wife's Win 8 x64. There is a summary ClamWin scan log at C:\ProgramData\.clamwin\log on Win 7 or Win 8 computers. If you have an option at the end of the scan to save a report, do so--I think it will be more detailed. See what the scan log says.

Regards.
August 2016
rastaman

The problem still occurs on 30th August 2016... Crying or Very sad
GuitarBob

I don't recall this being a problem to other users. If an uninstall/re-install doesn't help, then it might be the equipment or concurrent software using resources needed by that ClamWin function. Also, are you using some sort of out-of-the-ordinary computer? ClamWin is only tested on a few computers, and it is getting hard to support the older computers like Win 98.

Try unplugging speakers, extra drives, etc. (one at a time--check after each one) and see if that helps.

What software are you running alongside ClamWin--try closing applications (one at a time-check after each one).

Regards,
rastaman

Hello, GuitarBob,

the configuration is as follows:
ThinkPad E 2015
Intel i3
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1

There was no user-initiated application running along the scanning process, i. e. system idle (besides the system's background processes and the ClamWin alone). Interestingly, the Tools > Display Reports > Scan Report shows the 'unsaved' report... Shocked

Best,
rastaman

P. S. Otherwise very nice AV, although shows some false positives (verified with VirusTotal). Wink
ROCKNROLLKID

ClamWin reports are saved automatically, so the save report button doesn't do anything. There's a lot of dead code in ClamWin and the developer doesn't want to do a cleanup on it.
GuitarBob

RRK: good eye! The report button worked the last time I looked at it (a few years ago!), but as you said, reports are saved automatically now, so the button is superflurous now. It would be best for the developers not to have it show.

Rastaman: ClamWin does not provide complete protection in a Windows environment where viruses/malware act in real time, as there is no ClamWin real-time scan--it only scans on-demand or as scheduled. That's why the warning note on the ClamWin main page. It works best as a backup scanner to a real-time, on access AV. You may have to whitelist (exclude) some ClamWin folders/files from the other AV's scans to prevent conflicts/excess resource use. I am partial to Microsoft Windows Defender/Security Essentials, but it will work fine with most AVs if you whitelist.

Thanks for using ClamWin!
Save report button doesn't work