ClamWin Free Antivirus Forum Index
ClamWin Free Antivirus
Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic
French
NeMeSiS

Hello,
I am student in data processing and if you need assistance I can translate ClamWin in french.

Wink
teolemon

You're welcome. (Perhaps you might even be of some help as a programmer as you're studying computer science)
The most crucial point is to review and finish the translation of the user guide
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/clamwin/clamwin/doc/l10n/FrenchManual.swx?rev=1.1.1.1&view=log
Neustradamus

I can help you to translate the program
GlennDo

First, the link from teolemon is broken:
Quote:

An Exception Has Occurred

clamwin/clamwin/doc/l10n/FrenchManual.swx: unknown location
HTTP Response Status

404 Not Found

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Python Traceback

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/viewcvs-pre-1.0-sf.net/lib/viewcvs.py", line 2730, in main
request.run_viewcvs()
File "/usr/local/viewcvs-pre-1.0-sf.net/lib/viewcvs.py", line 312, in run_viewcvs
% self.where, '404 Not Found')
ViewCVSException: 404 Not Found: clamwin/clamwin/doc/l10n/FrenchManual.swx: unknown location

I'm very interested to help you for translate ClamWin interface in french. Here we need to follow the government law "101" who say: "If an application exist in french, you cannot use an english application". This law also suggest (force) the people to use an alternative of a specific program if the alternative exist in french.

In the case of an antivirus, many application already exist in french ! It's why we cannot use this free and very interesting program. But if I can contribute in the translation of the application I will can use it... and many other persons in Quebec !!!

How can I contribute for the translation ? Can I use the source code and convert it ? Do you have a specific package that only include code (text) to be translated ?

ClamWin is already translated for any other language at this moment ? If yes, where can I found this translation for base my translation procedure on that ?
GlennDo

I started to modify source code of version 0.88.

In some .py files the text strings are wrote with 'text' and some other with "text". This cause a lot of problem with french language when simple quote is used because we use the simple quote in our language for a lot of words.

Sample:

'Unable to print'

'Impossible d'imprimer'

You see, between the d and imprimer a simple quote is there and necessary... but the code instruction will not understand that.

I would like to know if I can can every simple quote for strings throuh double quote ? I'm not very familiar with Python language. It seem like PHP, but probably diffrent for some things...
Neustradamus

Where to find the files to make the translation ?
Thanks in advance

I have find.
beber

GlennDo wrote:

In some .py files the text strings are wrote with 'text' and some other with "text". This cause a lot of problem with french language when simple quote is used because we use the simple quote in our language for a lot of words.

Sample:

'Unable to print'

'Impossible d'imprimer'

You see, between the d and imprimer a simple quote is there and necessary... but the code instruction will not understand that.

I would like to know if I can can every simple quote for strings throuh double quote ? I'm not very familiar with Python language. It seem like PHP, but probably diffrent for some things...

Hi there, I'm willing to help translation ClamWin in french.
I've already met a dozen customers in need for a french translation and many of other family/personal contacts.

I'm not really expert in Python though I am an experienced developper. GlennDo, where did you start at ?
Can I help, is there a mean to use gettext in Python and in Clamwin ?
Free software needs programs like Clamwin to be localized to be promoted in France at least.
French translation
billybug

hi everybody Wink
I'm french end if my anglish is not verry corectly, I would like to help the community!
You can aske me what you wont on MSN (or email if I'm not connected), I will be happy to try to work with you.
Guillaume.

MSN : the.billybug@caramail.com
Jabber : Billybug@jabber.org
Mail : billybug@googlemail.com
Monotype

Quote:

Sample:

'Unable to print'

'Impossible d'imprimer'

Try using an escape character before your simple quotes.

For example:

'Impossible d\'imprimer'

Doesn't that work?
finger

Hello

I'm computer scientist and I would help translating Clamwin into French, I use it personnaly and for work (in Schools, or administration).

I can help in translating the program and/or documentation and/or test new release or other things needed.

I don't have a lot of competences in development, so I think I can help in network ...

You could contact me in private, or via Messenger.

Thanks for this marvelous program.

Fabien aka Finger

Ps : sorry for the Bad english, not without a lot of practice it's difficult, so I can read it better than talking Smile
Starcom

Hello, I'm a french user of Clamwin and also a software developper on AS400. I am actually learning Python and I will probably help you if you need it.

For exemple: GlennDo: If the source is wrote in Python, you may try to change the string quote by double quote because Python accept both syntax.
'Impossible d'imprimer' can be wrote "Impossible d'imprimer".

-------

Bonjour, je suis un utilisateur fran?§ais de Clamwin et un d?©veloppeur AS400. J'apprends actuellement Python, donc si vous avez tojours besoin d'aide: Pas de probl?me !

Par exemple: GlennDo: Si le source est en Python, change simplement les apostrphes qui d?©limittent la cha?®ne par des guillemets, Python se joue de se genre de contraintes. Autrement dis, tu peux remplacer:

'Impossible d'imprimer' par "Impossible d'imprimer"

Vive Python !!
teolemon

N'h?©site pas ? contacter l'?©quipe sur le VO du site.Ils sont hyper occup?©s et ont besoin d'aide.
teolemon

Good news!
Have allok here for updates on the translation!
On va avoir besoin de relecteurs!
http://wiki.clamwin.com/index.php/French_Translation
Stag

[original]
Bonjour ? tous !
Je veux bien contribuer ? la traduction, moi aussi... Mais le lien vers le wiki m'envoie une page blanche.
(Je ne connais rien ? la programmation et je suis plutôt relecteur que traducteur)

[EN]
Hello everyone!
I am willing to contribute to the translation, too ... But the link to the wiki sends me a blank page.
(I don't know anything about programming and I am rather reviewer than translator)
GuitarBob

Translation does not involve any programming. Try to contact the ClamWin developers via the Contacts information on the main ClamWin web page for instructions.

Regards,
French