ClamWin Free Antivirus Forum Index
ClamWin Free Antivirus
Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic
Scheduled Scan HELP
Ysalys

I have my ClamWin setup in "preferences" to schedule a daily scan, but it doesn't initialize. How can I get it to automatically scan my puter?
I would REALLY like to have the ClamWin automatically scan my puter each morning while I'm sleeping; before I get busy with my classes on it, but it seems this is not working. And yes, I just updated my version to 0.88.6

I'm running WinXP sp1 - I don't like the sp2, and really don't want to install it.
I also have SpyWare Terminator set up to integrate with ClamWin.

Please, someone help me with this?

Thanks in advance,

Ysalys
Student: IT/Networking
University of Phoenix Axia Campus
alch
Site Admin

you need to be logged on to Windows with clamtray.exe running (set to startup automatically after you logon) for scheduled scans to work.
Still won't schedule to scan....
Ysalys

alch wrote:
you need to be logged on to Windows with clamtray.exe running (set to startup automatically after you logon) for scheduled scans to work.

Thanks for the advice....

Was/am logged onto Windows, and clamtray.exe was/is running. I have checked msconfig to be sure, and it is set up to start automatically each time I logon. I have tried a few times now, to schedule scans to start during the night, and it just doesn't run. The only way I can do a scan is manually.

Any more ideas?

Thanks,
Ysalys
This may be a silly question but,
justkyle

do you have power management enabled, and, if so, is the system hibernating or shutting off the hard drive?

Kyle
alch
Site Admin

did you check scan logs?
I suggest you create a test (single folder) hourly scan set it to run couple of minutes ahead of you current time and see what happens. Also you may look in your temp folder for clamwin1-4.log files firsdt thing after the scheduled scan was due and see if there are any errors there.
Will do...
Ysalys

alch wrote:
did you check scan logs?
I suggest you create a test (single folder) hourly scan set it to run couple of minutes ahead of you current time and see what happens. Also you may look in your temp folder for clamwin1-4.log files firsdt thing after the scheduled scan was due and see if there are any errors there.

Will do this and see what happens. thanks.

Also, Kyle, no I don't have any power management enabled. I have even made sure the screen saver is turned off so it can't interupt the schedule process.

Tired right now, so heading off to sleep, but in the morning, I will do the test scans and see if it initiates. Can't check my temps as I keep that pretty clean. Just emptied it a couple of hours ago. I hate the clutter. *smile*

I'll be back tomorrow to let you know what happens. Keep your fingers crossed.

Thanks,
Ysalys
LOLOL ROFL
Ysalys

Embarassed ok, do I ever feel dumb! LOL Sometimes we forget to check to most obvious things. I had set it up, as I said, a few times, to try to get the scheduler to work. This morning, I did the full check again, and went to set it up, as I was advised to do, for the hourly scan to see if it would work. I HAD, SOMEHOW, MISSED THE LITTLE CHECK BOX; "ACTIVATE THIS SCAN," During each setup I had tried. Boy, do I feel silly. Must be altzheimers... At least, at my age, I can plead "old timer's" disease. *smile* When I saw that little box choice, I was ready to crawl under the floorboards. LOLOL

Thank you so very, very much, to everyone who gave me all the wonderful advice. It wasn't the ClamWin at all. It was me. I had needed to reboot myself. LOL

Ysalys
Scheduled Scan HELP