ClamWin Free Antivirus Forum Index
ClamWin Free Antivirus
Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic
Setting reset
lorenaustin

Hi all,

I have just installed ClamWin & Clam Sentinel in a university but seem to be encountering the same issue on all hosts.

When I install both bits of software, I configure them so that they do not require any interaction from users. However, each time a new user logs in to a machine, Clam Sentinel resets to default which makes it ask the user which disks to scan.

Is there anyway I can make the settings stay the same for every user that logs into a system?
GuitarBob

Clam Sentinel installation was intended to be for an individual computer. Clam Sentinel has not been improved since 2014, and it is not capable of protecting your computer from the new malware of today. I suggest that you uninstall it and use a real-time antivirus like Microsoft Windows Defender or Forticlient from Fortinet. OS Armor from Italy will also provide some additional protection. All of these are free, but Windows Defender can only be used for free by businesses on no more than 10 computers.

ClamWin is just about on its last legs now. It has not been updated/improved for over a year, it does not have enough virus signatures, it is not a real-time scanner, and it is too slow in scanning/virus updates.

Regards,
Setting reset