ClamWin Free Antivirus Forum Index
ClamWin Free Antivirus
Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic
GuitarBob

No problem. Yes - that is my definition of a manual ClamWin update versus a scheduled update, but you are also correct.

Clam Av is supposed to be working on making some changes to the mirror system that is responsible for the updates, so perhaps that will improve the process.

Regards,
vondess

I have just tried to download it and everything seems to work just fine. Where are you from? Location can have a difference. I am from https://worldpostalcode.com/united-states/colorado/denver https://worldpostalcode.com/united-states/colorado/denver, and it is available without any problem. Please check if your area does not have any restrictions on some sites. I think it can be the reason, though it is just a suggestion, I may be wrong.

Last edited by vondess on Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:42 am; edited 5 times in total
GuitarBob

I don't have much hope for ClamWin's continued existence as a usable antivirus. I actually no longer use it. Clam Av signatures are getting a bit better now--especially for really dangerous malware that is in circulation, but they are still not enough. Today's malware is pretty sophisticated, and a usable AV needs real-time heuristics and/or behavior blocking. Those AVs that can afford it also need some kind of processing in the cloud. Neither of these have been used to any significant extent by Clam AV, as you said, due to its being designed for Linux email servers.

No one should rely upon ClamWin as their primary AV because of this.

Regards,
0.99.4 - Failed Downloads & Corrupt Install Files