ClamWin Free Antivirus Forum Index
ClamWin Free Antivirus
Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic
Filtrs dont work
marat

Hello, In filtrs area I'm enter some patterns, like *.exe *.com but scanner scan ALL hard drive. Why? I have ~20 PC with Window$ XP HE, with some PC all is ok, with other filtrs dont work. ClamWin Free Antivirus 0.88.3.1
alch
Site Admin

are you sure it actually scans? Clamwin will still traverse directorues and print excluded files with a note (excluded). Do a test - put eicar.com in a folder and rename it to an excluded filename, then scan this folder.
marat

Run ClamWin, Goto menu Tools/Preferences/Scan Only Matching Filenames (IMHO- it mean if I'm write *.exe pattern here-Clam will scan ONLY EXE files). Let sey I'm enter *.exe here, Start scan hard drive C an Clam scan ALL hard drive (include *.txt files, and ...) See prev. message for detals.

Quote:
are you sure it actually scans?

Yes, PC with work filtrs scan hard drive in 15-20 min, with NOT working filtrs - about 100-150min. All PC eq. - it's InternetClub, with Os WinXpHE, and with eq version AND config ClamWin.
alch
Site Admin

marat wrote:

Yes, PC with work filtrs scan hard drive in 15-20 min, with NOT working filtrs - about 100-150min. All PC eq. - it's InternetClub, with Os WinXpHE, and with eq version AND config ClamWin.

very odd, I can't really help as it works as expected here. I would check and compare the "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\.clamwin\ClamWin.conf" file s on working and non-working PCs. Also check %TEMP%\clamwin1-4.log files for some clues just after the scan finished
budtse

marat,

Did you remove alle entries from the "exclude matching filename" list ? If there are patterns in this list, the settings in the other list ("only scan...") will be ignored.
alch
Site Admin

budtse wrote:
marat,

Did you remove alle entries from the "exclude matching filename" list ? If there are patterns in this list, the settings in the other list ("only scan...") will be ignored.

no it will honour both filters, exclusion first then inclusion.

I think I know where the problem is, clamwin seems to ignore filters if you run the scan form the main gui not the explorer context menu. I will fix that when I get some time.
marat

Fine! If You need some logs from me I can send it for You.
alch
Site Admin

marat wrote:
Fine! If You need some logs from me I can send it for You.

No logs needed, it would be good if you confirm that filters on those machines work when you scan from explorer context menu and from GUI don't.

Thanks
Filters Not Working
GuitarBob

I recall that with ClamWin 88.3.1 you changed the program to ignore filters when scanning from Internet Explorer. I thought it was a good idea.

Regards,
alch
Site Admin

Filters are ignored only if files were selected and not folders. Obviously this change broke use of filters when scanning from clamwin gui.
Filtrs dont work