ClamWin Free Antivirus Forum Index
ClamWin Free Antivirus
Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic
pb with automatic update
zazidan

hi everyone,
1st thanks very much for clamwin to those who made and still make it, I like it very much.
I have yet a pb with automatic updating, I asked clamwin to do so, but it never does.
And I have an clamwin icon in the status bar but the choice "upadate the data base" doesn't work (althought the one for going to the site for ex does). The only way I found to update is to put a shortcut on the desktop and click on it. only then I'm asked to update.
It would be convienient for me if i could let clamwin do that.
I have installed clamsentinel also
and i'm on XP.
Thanks
Zazie
GuitarBob

Do you get any message when you try to update? Do scans and other functions work okay? Are you able to update anything else?

ClamWin has a configuration tab for Internet Updates. Make sure they are enabled with a proper time.

One other suggestion is to delete every file in the ClamWin database folder (should be 4 files) and then try a manual update. This has worked for me a couple of times. ClamWin should rebuild the signature files if they are missing. Before you try that though, save the files someplace so you can restore them if this does not work.

Regards,
zazidan

Hi thx for the answer.
Yes the manual update works without problem and all other features as well, for ex scan at logon
normally it is set to update every day on 14:44...
I just gone in the setting tab and I clicked "make the update on logon" i'll see if it change smth...
zaz
GuitarBob

That's a good idea to update at logon. You should also update a few more times during the day if you use Clam Sentinel also. However, if manual updates work, so should the automatic updates. Check your internet updates configuration one more time--day/time correct? Maybe you need to configure something (firewall perhaps) to allow automatic updates.

There should be a new version of Clam Sentinel out very soon.

Regards,
pb with automatic update