ClamWin Free Antivirus Forum Index
ClamWin Free Antivirus
Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic
Missing arugment for option at line 1
Aces

I am working on a school project recently. Basically I'm actually integrating Clamwin antivirus onto my project to allow virus detection. The detection and scanning of virus using clamscan.exe was ok, however I have problems using freshclam.exe. What I want now is for the freshclam to download the latest virus definition from the internet.

I understand that freshclam requires a file called freshclam.conf in order to update the virus definition database, but I was unable to find the file in my Clamwin/mainbin folder. (I renamed the bin folder)

I runned the following command:

C:\Users\Aces\Desktop\ClamWin Port AV\mainbin>freshclam.exe --datadir="C:\Users\Aces\Desktop\ClamWin Port AV\db" --config-file="C:\Users\Aces\Desktop\Clamwin Port AV\mainbin\clamwin.conf"

and got the following error:
ERROR: Missing argument for option at line 1
ERROR: Can't open/parse the config file C:\Users\Aces\Desktop\Clamwin Port AV\ma
inbin\clamwin.conf

What is wrong with the command? I cannot find freshclam.conf so I used clamwin.conf . Why did it give me that error?

[imghttp://i51.tinypic.com/b519ci.png][/img][/code]
Aces

Pardon me for my foolishness, I didn't realise I was supposed to create a freshclam.conf file myself so to use the freshclam.exe. Everything works now perfectly. But I have one more question, where can I find more mirrors/url for the virus database definition.
GuitarBob

The standard signature download site is database.clamav.net. Perhaps the mirrors.dat file will be downloaded along with the signatures. It gets in my clamwin data folder somehow.

Regards,
Missing arugment for option at line 1