ClamWin Free Antivirus Forum Index
ClamWin Free Antivirus
Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic
libclamav.dll
pulteny

Hi guitarbob.
The Win9x guy again.Tried to up date from 0.97 to 0.97.1 seemed ok but the program would not open.This has happened before and you said to do a clean instalation this I did and all seams well.However during the download a message box opened saying" libclamav.dll was not found" this to me is a driver.The AV works and down loads up dates, did a scan of a floppy all good,what does the message mean and can I ignore it.

Regards pulteny.
GuitarBob

I don't know what that dll does, but it probably consists of functions that are used/could be used by the scanning engine. Check your ClamWin folder--it is in the clamwin\bin folder on my computer. If it isn't there, I would try a re-install. Anyone else, please feel free to jump in here--I believe this is on Win 98, correct?

Regards,
Lipper

Hi pulteny,

if the message persists there is an unofficial patch that may help.

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/151192-unofficial-clamwin-patch-for-win98se/

Regards
libclamav.dll
pulteny

Hi both.
Yes my OS is Win98se.My computing skills are very limited changing lines of code gives me the willies.I downloaded the zip file as per lipper but dont know what to do with it.If it's not broke don't fix it.
Regards pulteny.
GuitarBob

Not to worry. Just download the zip file to your desktop. Then go to your clamwin bin directory and rename the libclamav.dll there libclamav.dll.original so you will have it if ever needed. Then unzip the zip file on your desktop. It will unzip to 2 files--a license file (not really needed) and a new libclamav.dll. Move or copy the new libclamav.dll to the clamwin bin directory. It's done! If it doesn't work, you can delete the new libclamav.dll file and just rename the libclamav.dll.original by deleting the .original from the filename and you are no worse off than before.

Regards,
libclamav.dll
pulteny

Hi again guitarbob,
You endow me with more computer knowledg than I deserve.Did a file search for said file and it was found at,
c:\program files\clamwin\bin,This now makes what you said more understandable, but as the file is there and the application seems to work do I realy need to mess about with it. Win9x often tells lies and spots problems that do not exist. I started this thread when a message box told me the file could not be found on instalation it is THERE!
Regards pulteny.
GuitarBob

Well, if everything works, that's okay!

Regards,
libclamav.dll