ClamWin Free Antivirus Forum Index
ClamWin Free Antivirus
Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic
Questions for dial-up users
cgh_11

I am interested in hearing from some dial-up users who have installed ClamWin. We are thinking of it installing it on old pc (still running Windows Me) for my Aunt.

In particular I am interested to know how often you download the updates, and how long it takes? Also, have you had any problems with the updates?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks very much fo reading.
sherpya

clamav updater downloads partial incremental updates for daily signatures, so the data to download is minimized, perhaps signatures are updated very often
the worst case is 2mbyte of daily db

the main db update is a bit bigger and even the entire main is big too, but it's updated rarely
trinityy

I don't have calwin, i am using avast and first i had dial-up connection and it don't take so much time in updation. it automatically get updated in 2-3 minutes and when i update it take 10-15 minutes for the updates of two three days.

Last edited by trinityy on Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:31 am; edited 2 times in total
GuitarBob

When I was on dialup back in 2006-2007, I did not have any specific problems with updating ClamWin. The signatures are usually updated about 5 to 10 times per day. It might be best to update hourly instead of once per day to minimize one long update--unless you update daily when the computer is not in use.

Regards,
Questions for dial-up users