ClamWin Free Antivirus Forum Index
ClamWin Free Antivirus
Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic
The 0.96.4 update of clamwin is a trojan?
13thvulture

when i turned on my computer, clam said it needed an update, so i downloaded it, scanned it with clam, and clam itself said the update was a trojan.

or more precisely, clam said: "C:\Users\Username\Downloads\clamwin-update-0.96.2.1-0.96.4.exe: Heuristic.Trojan.SusPacked.TMS FOUND"

so, what's going on here, anyway?
alch
Site Admin

Its that problem with false positives we fixed in 0.96.4 so it is no surprise that 0.96.2 reports our update as a false positive too.

Virustotal reports all clean:
http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=b420338f548f03b404617bd1771830f5ca63698e56ca03bea04392d609aff1f8-1290131918
Barden

So when updated with the .4 version it will perform the scan 'correctly'? Just about everything was was listed as ... "Heuristic.Trojan.SusPacked.TMS FOUND" when I did a scan!
hubbabubba

A word to the wise; if you have Clam Sentinel installed, do un-install it before doing the upgrade from 0.96.2 to 0.96.4, it will save you a lot of aggravation as, for some reason, the upgrading procedure corrupts ClamWin and Clam Sentinel. Once the upgrade done, you can re-install Clam Sentinel.

Now, if I could only follow my own advices! Rolling Eyes
alch
Site Admin

Barden wrote:
So when updated with the .4 version it will perform the scan 'correctly'? Just about everything was was listed as ... "Heuristic.Trojan.SusPacked.TMS FOUND" when I did a scan!

Yes
GuitarBob

Each new version of ClamWin has enhanced signatures that may be recognized as a false positive by older versions. Always use the latest version available.

Regards,
The 0.96.4 update of clamwin is a trojan?