ClamWin Free Antivirus Forum Index
ClamWin Free Antivirus
Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic
C:\Program Files\tinyproxy\tinyproxy.exe: Trojan.Agent-65833
polly

Hello and Happy New Year for tomorrow,
I cannot use the goggle search as my google search gets hijacked by Search and Find and other sources and does not take me where I am asking to go. So I ran clamwin virus checker and this is what it found.
ClamWin detected this Trodgan but did not remove it . Here is the ssummary,

C:\Program Files\tinyproxy\tinyproxy.exe: Trojan.Agent-65833 FOUND
----------- SCAN SUMMARY -----------
Known viruses: 480173
Engine version: 0.92
Scanned directories: 7576
Scanned files: 158496
Skipped non-executable files: 5103
Infected files: 1
Not removed: 1
Data scanned: 27112.84 MB
Time: 21219.412 sec (353 m 39 s)

Please can you tell me what to do next,

Thanks
Polly
Antonio S.

Hello,

By default Clamwin preferences are set to 'Report only'; this means that the program will only tell you that a potential threat was found and its location (path). Preferences can be modified to 'Move to Quarantine' or to 'Remove'. My suggestion is to keep the default setting and proceed as follows:

Firstly verify if the file that Clamwin listed as infected is a real threat. Sometimes virus scan may give the so-called 'false positives', therefore upload the suspect file to www.virustotal.com This is a free service where uploaded files are submitted to multiple engine scans. If other av's found the file as infected it is better to remove it. If no (or few) other av's find it infected it is likley to be a false positive (that is, what is being recognised as a virus but really is not). If you can spare a few minutes pls notify it to the Clam team using the form @ cgi.clamav.net/sendvirus.cgi and ticking the relevant field related to false positives. Your help will improve Clam/Clamwin detection abalities.

In case a real threat is found you may set Clamwin preferences to 'Move to Quarantine' option; if scan is run again Clamwin will move the file to Quarantine. Check if google search has got back to normal.
Other option is to download on yr. desktop Dr. Web's Cure it from http://www.freedrweb.com/: launch it and it will try to get rid of installed malware.

Hope this helps,
Antonio
C:\Program Files\tinyproxy\tinyproxy.exe: Trojan.Agent-65833