Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic
found trojan but can't delete the .dll file
jbny525

clamwin found a trojan in systems32 folder names jkllvd.dll
tried to delete it but it says access denied
i am in safe mode logged in as admin
checked permissions and the file is not read only

this is my uncle computer and is so virused and malwared out..so i think im just going to set clamwin to remove all threats it finds.....i kno this is risky but it looks like im going to have to reinstall windows any ways.....

he has that windows xp antivirus 2009 crap

so how can you delete a dll file?
is runing clamwin in "remove" mode a stupid idea in this situation?
GuitarBob

If you are sure you have a virus in a file, especially if it is not a Windows file, it's okay to run ClamWin in Remove mode. For system files, you might Google the filename to see how important it is. You can probably use Windows System File Checker to replace an important infected Windows file without deleting it.

You can upload a file to Jotti at http://virusscan.jotti.org/ on the Web or to VirusTotal at http://www.virustotal.com/ on the Web. Either service will scan a file for free and tell you what multiple antivirus programs (including Clam) find. If more than a couple of AVs besides Clam also find a file is infected, it's probably for real (not a false positive), so you can delete the non-system files from your computer.

You can also Google for the .dll file name to find out something about it--that might help. A free program called Unlocker can help delete hard-to-kill files. You can look at the processes in Windows Task Manager to see what's running. There may be a process that is using that .dll file. Again, you can Google the process names. If you can find the using process, you can kill/end it in Task Manager and then delete the .dll.

Have you looked at the ClamWin Antimalware page? You might find some sources of help there. Also, before you resort to reinstalling Windows, run Microsort's Malicious Removal Tool (MRT). It is file MRT.exe in your Windows System 32 directory. Then let me suggest that you download/use these free programs (in order): Microsoft's Windows Defender antispyware, Dr. Web's Cureit Virus cleaner, Trend Micro's Rootkit Buster, and install PC Tools' free Threatfire behavior blocker.

Regards,

Regards,
Theoracle117

you can always use file assasin to delete an undeleteable file

Smile

search it on google
found trojan but can't delete the .dll file