ClamWin Free Antivirus Forum Index
ClamWin Free Antivirus
Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic
suggest an anti virus
megan1

I have installed spectrum tv, but due to unknown reason, some days before spectrum hl1000 error occurred. I fix the problem from https://tomedia.org/troubleshoot-spectrum-error-hl1000/ but now I want to install an anti-virus to protect spectrum and other apps. Can anyone suggest to me an anti-virus?
GuitarBob

I don't normally do this, but since ClamWin development appears to be stopped, I will try to help. I assume you are talking about AV protection for Windows computers.

Microsoft's Windows Defender is now a pretty good free AV for Windows computers. Microsoft has developed it to the point that, in my opinion, it is now among the top 5 or 6 AVs. If you want to get a paid AV, these were my favorites when I worked virus signatures for Clam AV, and they remain so: Avira, Bitdefender, Eset, Kaspersky, and Sophos. Avira, Bitdefender and Kaspersky have free versions, but I would not get one of them. Malwarebytes Antimalware has also become pretty good, but it continues to concentrate upon high profile and recent viruses and may not protect you if you get an older virus.

Here's what I use personally: Windows Defender (free), Hitman Pro.Alert (paid), and NoVirusThanks OS Armor (paid). Windows Defender with either of the other two provides great protection, but the viruses are really getting bad (especially for businesses), and I tend to be paranoid.

I hope this is helpful.

Regards,
BillyECarroll

Most people seem to recommend windows defender and Malwarebytes. As long as you're not going on any sketchy sites you should be fine with that.
hypnos97

Most people seem to recommend windows defender and Malwarebytes
suggest an anti virus