ClamWin Free Antivirus Forum Index
ClamWin Free Antivirus
Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic
no update - update stop with Downloading daily-23454.cdiff
Elli

Hallo and please help us

I am new here. We have many old computer with Windows 98SE, W2K, WXP H und WXP P and we use on this system ClamWin.
And now we can not run update. The update start normal and after "Downloading daily-23454.cdiff" clamwinupdate do nothing.
Sorry, my english is very bad. I am only a little SCFa.

Elli (Elegance vom Schmuseplast)
[img]
https://postimg.org/image/u47nbpf0v/
[/img][/img]
GuitarBob

There were some changes to the database made by Clam AV a few days ago, but the database should be working fine by now. ClamWin uses the scan engine and virus signatures provided by the Clam AV project.

I suggest you delete all files in the C:\ProgramData\.clamwin\db folder and then exit ClamWin then run ClamWin again and select to update the database. If that does not work, uninstall ClamWin and then reinstall it again. If nothing works, let us know.

Thanks for using ClamWin! Remember it should be used as a backup to a real-time AV.
Elli

Thank you. We must uninstall ClamWin und then reinstall it again of all old PC Systems. The changes from the database had kill of all PC the db folder ... Sad .

I do not know a real-time AV for WinXP, W2K an W98SE. And I know only ClamWin as a AV for WinXP, W2K and W98SE. Thank you for making this AV for the old PC-System.
We use it with AMD K6-3 400, AMD K6-2+ 550 and other little bit faster CPU on PC-system with 384 MB RAM and better.
GuitarBob

I do not know for certain what caused your problem, but I think it was probably due to the new database from Clam AV. Clam AV is written for Linux, and it is not set up to run on Windows machines. The ClamWin developers have to make a port of Clam AV over to Windows. That is why it is called ClamWin.

Some of the commercial AVs still support use of their AVs on Windows XP. I think Malwarebytes still runs on XP, but I do not know of any free real-time AVs that you can use. ClamWin can process Yara rules, so you may get some additional/better protection on XP if you have some Yara rules.

Regards,
Elli

ClamWin is here only one part in IT-security. For the old machine we must use old-PC-System with MSDOS, DRDOS, DRMuDOS, MS Windows 3.11, Win95a and so on too. We make a copy from the HD from this old PC and then we check the copy with modern AV. The same we do with the HD-copy from the old PC with WIN98SE, W2K and WinXP. All these old PC we use for CAD/CAM with old machine and all the old PC have card with special port for the connect to the old machine. So we can not use virtual systems and faster PC with modern sw. For a system with pc+sw+machine the owner must pay in 1995 between 0,5 and 10 Million DM, today he must pay for a new system between 2 and 20 Million Euro. But the most new system do it no better then the old system. And so the factory use many old system with many old pc. And ClamWin help us a little bit. Thank you.
GuitarBob

I understand, and I hope I have helped. You are really running sole old stuff there. I doubt if there are many viruses that you need to be concerned with.

Regards,
no update - update stop with Downloading daily-23454.cdiff