ClamWin Free Antivirus Forum Index
ClamWin Free Antivirus
Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic
Freshclam used Libclamav.dll-can we use latest Libclamav.dll
mayask

Dear sir,

we have .Net project - created own AV and programmer used Libclamav.dll version 0.98.4.0 and now Latest Libclamav.dll is : 0.99.1.0

we want to know if we just replace the Libclamav.dll and use latest freshclam.exe associated with Libclamav.dll version 0.99.10 then i need to change anything in the source code also or not ?

Thanks in advance.
GuitarBob

I think a lot (of change) has been done in the last couple of versions, so there is a chance that it may not work, but try it anyway.

By the way, is there anything in your antivirus that you can share with the ClamWin developers--improvements, GUI, etc.?

Regards,
ROCKNROLLKID

Actually, the latest version is .99.2. Alch never did a .99.2 for ClamWin, yet. I would suggest that you always use the latest version, especially for a AV. As for any changes, the only change you would have to make is update the call so it detects .99.x instead of .98.4.

As Bob said, if you have anything to share or fix, it would be great fi you could share ti with ClamWin or maybe provide a link to your AV?

Also, please don't make multiple threads for the same issue. Try to keep everything in 1 topic.
mayask

Dear Sir,

Thanks for the info and i am interested to build this AV for FREE to user with excellent features.
here is the setup link : https://maya123.com/ftp/brix/setup.exe

i am facing problem in update the database and i need solution / help from you. please tell us how we can proceed together.

Thanks in Advance.
GuitarBob

We can't provide much help here. These are only user forums--there is no development forum. In fact, there is very little ClamWin development. The ClamWin developers use the latest Clam AV for Linux program and port it over to Windows--very little is changed except a GUI was added, and now there is a Qrestore program to remove items in quarantine. ClamWin basically uses the library functions contained in the Clam AV package to execute AV functions.

Look for information about freshclam at other places on the web.

Regards,
ROCKNROLLKID

mayask wrote:
Dear Sir,

Thanks for the info and i am interested to build this AV for FREE to user with excellent features.
here is the setup link : https://maya123.com/ftp/brix/setup.exe

i am facing problem in update the database and i need solution / help from you. please tell us how we can proceed together.

Thanks in Advance.

I downloaded and try your AV out, but it seems to crash for me after a few seconds of it just running in the background.

I assume your AV isn't open-source, either?
GuitarBob

RRK: I had the same results on Win 8.1, and it took a long time to register with the OS--long enough to make me worry about bricking my computer. The program names also don't match in a couple of places--wonder what the AV name really is and where the program came from.

Mayask: That's about all the help we can give you here--suggest you contact the Clam AV user/help group(s). There is no ClamWin development to speak of--most of the development comes from the Clam AV side.

Our time here is devoted to helping ClamWin users.

Regards,
ROCKNROLLKID

The AV seems to have 2 different names. The setup and file names are called Maya but when you open it up it says Brix. I tried to go to the website, maya123(dot)com, but it led me to some shopping site. To me, it seemed like a possible sign of rouge AV, even Avast has it flagged as suspicious.
GuitarBob

Yep - something appears strange.

Regards,
mayask

Hi Team,

There is no strange and nothing wrong. when setup is build through inno-setup then mostly antivirus think it is virus and actually it is false positive.
our company is "Maya Software Technologies" and product name is "Brix Antivirus" but you see two names because it is not final yet.
Our Product website is www.brixsecurity.com and our mobile Antivirus is also available and very soon live on Free on Google Play. currently download available at https://maya123.com/ftp/mobile/brix.apk

for PC - now i have digitally signed and product available at https://maya123.com/ftp/brix/setup.exe

we are seeking people/Group who can help me to make it strong and correct so no error come and currently only one issue facing is "Freshclam.exe is not update"
Please download it again and check and if any issue found for Crash please report me at maya at maya123 dot com

Please help me if possible or suggest me something to proceed to next step.

Thanks
Sanjay Garg
+91-9811178988[/img]
GuitarBob

As I have said several times, we can not provide any development assistance to you--including testing. We are a forum for users of the free, open source, non-commercial ClamWin (Windows) antivirus, which is a derivative of the Clam (Linux) free, open source, non-commercial antivirus. We can not provide assistance to any other antivirus, including commercial ones.

Regards,
Gamezertruth

How do you steal someone’s program? you did steal the UI of spy emergency from this company right here http://www.spy-emergency.com/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

no one thinks of use this rogue av !
Gamezertruth

Gamezertruth wrote:
How do you steal someone’s program? you did steal the UI of spy emergency from this company right here http://www.spy-emergency.com/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

no one thinks of use this rogue av !

VT check is back clean ? https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/cbe4f984cf10f0a8354c3ea8cd6098fa28583b088644110ce771ec3b8c9404d3/analysis/1474535691/
Gamezertruth

here you other fake av by the same scammer

edit : the link got removed .

Last edited by Gamezertruth on Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
GuitarBob

It will do no good to publish the web site of a fake AV here in the ClamWin forums. You should report the URL to Google and maybe upload it to Virus Total.

Regards,
Freshclam used Libclamav.dll-can we use latest Libclamav.dll