ClamWin Free Antivirus Forum Index
ClamWin Free Antivirus
Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic
After successful upgrade to 0.98.4 Error scanning emails
Phoenixvogel

Hi all

after a successful upgrading to clamwin 0.98.4 on a w7 machine and Outlook 2010 I get the error: An Error occured whilst scanning scanFile: No database loaded. An I can't work anymore with Outlook.

What can I do?

Thank you
robbb

Hi there,

I do have exactly the same problem.
Update to 0.98.4 on win7pro64 running Outlook 2007.

same error message: An Error occured whilst scanning scanFile: No database loaded.

I tried un-installing and re-installing ClamWin. Reloading the database, but non of that worked.

What else should I try?

Thanx!
robbb
NKCGroup

I've had a few customers calling up today with this issue.

I have found a workaround, however, this WILL leave your PC partially unprotected.

The workaround disables outgoing email scanning until an official fix has been rolled out by ClamWin

WORK AROUND

1) Open ClamWin
2) Click Tools > Preferences > Email Scanning
3) UNTICK 'Scan Outgoing Email Messages'
4) Click OK and close ClamWin

If Outgoing Email Scanning is enabled, you will not be able to send emails as the scanning function cannot complete but if you disable it, you will be able to send emails.

REMEMBER TO ACTIVATE AFTER IT'S FIXED.

(Please note, this is a TEMPORARY work around and I cannot be held responsible for any adverse reactions as a result of disabling any settings/antivirus on your PC - you have been informed of the risks)
Me 2
feeks

I am also experiencing this error Windows 8.1 pro x64 Outlook 2013 ClamWin 0.98.4 update. Prior to the update all was happy with the world.

In my case the work around did not fix the problem I currently have both inbound and outbound scanning disabled which makes the process rather pointless.
GuitarBob

There were 3 active beta testers of version .98.4--besides the 2 ClamWin developers. No one mentioned an email scanning problem--probably because none of us used Outlook. How about volunteering to be a beta tester to prevent problems like this from occurring in the future?

Regards,
feeks

Rolled back to 0.98.1 no problems configured as inbound and outbound scanning

I don't know if I would satisfy the experience level (5 posts) or knowledge of clamwin required but I would be happy to give back. Tried joining the beta test group but got an error back. How do I get on board? Okay second time around subscription submitted waiting for approval
GuitarBob

Thanks! The project could certainly use more real-world beta testers. Leave Alch email via the contact link on the main page saying you would like to join the beta test group if you have not done so--they don't always check the forum posts.

The developers will address this problem some time this week--it is probably caused by the SSL code from Clam AV. Clam is still officially in a Linux environment and gives no consideration to use Windows, although that is where most viruses are found.

Regards,
ROCKNROLLKID

The download link on homepage is still showing .98.1 http://www.clamwin.com/content/view/18/46/ Just to let you know.
alch
Site Admin

ROCKNROLLKID wrote:
The download link on homepage is still showing .98.1 http://www.clamwin.com/content/view/18/46/ Just to let you know.

I rolled it back until the problem is fixed