ClamWin Free Antivirus Forum Index
ClamWin Free Antivirus
Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic

Which logo should be used to help spread the word for ClamWin?
Logo 1 created by ROCKNROLLKID
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Logo 2 created by The Awkward Turtle
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Logo 3 created by Balls
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
None. ClamWin doesn't need a logo change and should stick to the one on the homepage.
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Which logo will be next for ClamWin?
ROCKNROLLKID

Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone for there ideas on my work for the logo I posted here: http://forums.clamwin.com/viewtopic.php?t=4098 Many people seem to be opposed to the arrow idea so the arrows were taking out completely. Now it is up to the community to decide which logo is the best to use for avatars and logos and who knows, maybe the ClamWin developers will change their mind and use one of these logos for their homepage and whatever else.

Logo 1: http://postimg.org/image/bmaam4yiz/
Redesigned and removed arrows because of many negative reviews against it.

Logo 2: http://postimg.org/image/g5cqyglu1/
Credit goes to The Awkward Turtle on steam for his redesigned off the first idea. Arrows were removed because of negative reviews against it.

Logo 3: http://postimg.org/image/fnifft1nh/
Credit goes to Balls on steam for his efforts on recreated a totally different design matching the background with the icon.
ROCKNROLLKID

My vote goes to logo 3. Also, can a moderator make this poll public so everyone can vote? I have some people who don't want to register that would like to vote.
GuitarBob

Can't a user set up a poll within a post?

I still like #1--because of the mixture of white/blue colors.

Regards,
ROCKNROLLKID

Then maybe you should vote for #1? I have never made a poll before on a forum site, so this is my first one. I hope I did it right.
2.3 Not atractive
Mikeswd

I think the first one should spread the word, its simple, original and it has the basics.

Second one its pretty much the same thing and its all blue its not atractive as the third one.

Very Happy
gabrielgonzalez

I voted for #3. Not only because I created it, but also because I like the way it looks Very Happy. Although definitely not my best work at all, I still think it provides something better to advertise this software. Summing up what ClamWin is, professionally developed, and exceptional software, for a great price. FREE. Hope everybody likes it.

Thank you,

- Gabriel Gonzalez
*mb25682000

I like picture #1 the best. The colors make it stand out more. A few things i would change. Make lettering a bit bigger and clam symbol a bit smaller. People will be able to read it better.
ROCKNROLLKID

Thank you all for your support. Gabrielgonzalez is Balls who made logo 3.

@GuitarBob: I see that this is a good idea because some new comers came here for the logos. Maybe this will inspire the developers to change the logo. The poll is set for 90days so whichever wins can be the new logo and why not change. People are willing to give you new logo designs for ClamWin and if I were them I would totally change for these new and cools ones.
RocknRollKid Design
crewman#6

Balls looks good. (LOL) Love the gradient look. Very professional feel to it. Kid's has a bit of pop to it as well. Gotta go Kid.
gabrielgonzalez

This was the original logo I had actually created for a website. The one posted above is meant for steam, and is not necessarily website appropriate. Unless you want a very unpleasant view Smile

http://postimg.org/image/d9ylw1hld
daveydoom

I can't vote because the idea I like isn't there...lol.

That being said, I feel that #1 or #2 would be best if the entire background was white. Wording could be a bit larger as well although the color of the wording is fine in my opinion.

Other than that I think everyone has done a great job Smile
ROCKNROLLKID

You have time to vote. The poll is set for 90 days (89 now). These votes and comments are quite interesting.

@daveydoom: That world pretty much be the original idea and would be kinda pointless to do that.
daveydoom

ROCKNROLLKID wrote:
@daveydoom: That world pretty much be the original idea and would be kinda pointless to do that.

It's only my opinion although it is indeed valid Smile . I just feel the current logo is perfectly fine but it could have some of the wording from the new logos added to it to enhance it. I simply prefer the white background since it's easier on the eyes than a dark background, especially if it's being used for an avatar or logo which isn't very large.
GuitarBob

How about mostly white with a blue border--that works for me.

Regards,
ROCKNROLLKID

If something like mine or Turtles wins then maybe we can edit them to fit everyone needs, but it's not our choice to pick, its the entire communities. That's why this poll was created.
Which logo will be next for ClamWin?