ClamWin Free Antivirus Forum Index
ClamWin Free Antivirus
Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic
rpa

My conclusion it worked was a little to early........ Crying or Very sad

I decided to fix it with a scheduled task in Windows, triggering a script to do a commandline update. This works fine for me.

Some info for the developers, I have the impression that the clamwin.conf file is not being edited when making changes through the GUI. When I turned of the automatic update this did not change to 0 in the clamwin.conf file.
GuitarBob

Thanks. I will pass this on to the developers.

Regards,
alch
Site Admin

rpa wrote:
My conclusion it worked was a little to early........ Crying or Very sad

I decided to fix it with a scheduled task in Windows, triggering a script to do a commandline update. This works fine for me.

Some info for the developers, I have the impression that the clamwin.conf file is not being edited when making changes through the GUI. When I turned of the automatic update this did not change to 0 in the clamwin.conf file.

The conf file that is being used is not in c:\program files\clamwin but in your profile directory
rpa

Thank you for that info. The conf file at this location contains the correct information. So it's still a question why automatic updating is not working. Again for now I stick with the scheduled task.

As a user do I don't understand why this is configured in the users profile, as in my opinion AV settings are for the machine and not per user. Also it is a bit confusing having files in all these different locations (all users, users profile, program files, other?).
alch
Site Admin

rpa wrote:
Thank you for that info. The conf file at this location contains the correct information. So it's still a question why automatic updating is not working. Again for now I stick with the scheduled task.

As a user do I don't understand why this is configured in the users profile, as in my opinion AV settings are for the machine and not per user. Also it is a bit confusing having files in all these different locations (all users, users profile, program files, other?).

The file in program files folder is a template that is copied when a new user starts using clamwin. It is done to enable use of the software in a multi-user environment. As to why your updates are not working I have no idea - it works across all test operating systems I have (Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista, and 7).

One note - you need to be logged on to your windows session for the scheduler to work.
GuitarBob

Perhaps this user would like to become a ClamWin beta tester to locate/prevent problems like this in the future. There are very few, if any, multi-user testers. Become involved!

Regards,
kianws

is there any chance to download manually?
GuitarBob

The ClamWin signatures come from Clam AV. You can download the Clam AV signatures manually via a link on their web site at http://www.clamav.net/lang/en/ on the web. Download just the main, daily, and bytecode signatures. ClamWin does not use the safebrowsing signatures. Main does not change often, but it could, so download it each time just in case it has changed.

Regards,
AV Update