ClamWin Free Antivirus Forum Index
ClamWin Free Antivirus
Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic
Update tries to open Microsoft Word
jcomes

When I am prompted to download the latest update MS Word is opened and I am asked for a username and password. I cancel on the login and word opens normally. When I clicked forums on the help menu within the application it also opened up the forum in Word.
GuitarBob

So when you try to download the latest version of ClamWin (.97.4) that is what happens? If so, that is strange, and there is no reason why it should happen unless something is wrong on your system. Can you download other applications (including security apps)? Does your present installed version of ClamWin scan okay and update okay?

You might get into safe mode (hit F8 repeatedly upon booting up your computer, choose safe mode with networking). Then download the new version to desktop, but do not install or run it. Just save as... on your desktop. It is best to install it after booting up in regular mode. Before you do that, however, do a scan with ClamWin in safe mode. Install the new update if all is okay. Get back here if you have any problems--you may need to get rid of some malware.

Regards,
Update tries to open Microsoft Word