ClamWin Free Antivirus Forum Index
ClamWin Free Antivirus
Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic
Whitelisting
theabb

Our application is being flagged as a Trojan and stopping installation of our product on Clamwin protected devices.
We are a software developer in the UK that produces a remote management, reporting and monitoring solution. Part of our solution requires an agent to be installed on the remote device.
We have two types of agent, the full agent which installs as a service and the OnDemand agent which runs as an application. I have attached both for you to check.
If you need access to the web management interface you can create a free account at http://www.centrastage.com.

Can anyone help me out with getting our app whitelisted with Clamwin please?

Many thanks
Nick Abbott
Ops Manager
CentraStage
GuitarBob

Nick: ClamWin uses the scanning engine and signature database provided by Clam AV. You should submit false positives (and undetected viruses) to Clam AV, starting at http://www.clamav.net/lang/en/sendvirus/ on the web. When you get to the upload form, you can zip multiple files. For false positives, change the submission type on the submission form from "virus" to "false positive." If you file(s) is too large to upload, send email to luca at clamav dot net and ask for instructions. Clam usually adjusts false positive signatures/whitelists "good" files within a few days.

If your detection is a PUA (potentially unwanted application), PUA detection is optionally-selected by the user. A PUA is not a real virus--just a potentially unwanted application that some users want to know about, such as runtime packers, network sniffers, and other tools . Since PUA is user-selected, Clam AV does not do anything about them.

Regards,
theabb

Cool.. Thx for that GuitarBob. I've only just got round to finding this.
I have submitted the files.

regards
Nick
GuitarBob

I'm glad you found the info, Nick. Remember, if the Clam detection is a potentially unwanted application (PUA), Clam can not do anything about it. All they do is make PUA detection available if the user selects it. So if a PUA is involved, the user can turn off all PUA, only a PUA category, or whitelist the file on his local machine.

Regards,
Whitelisting