ClamWin Free Antivirus Forum Index
ClamWin Free Antivirus
Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic
Problems Updating
JHouston

I am running win2k and cannot get this to work right keeps giving me this error:

Could not start process:
"C:\Program Files\ClamWin\bin\freshclam.exe" --stdout --datadir="C:\WINDOWS\All Users\.clamwin\db" --config-file="c:\docume~1\default\locals~1\temp\tmphmivrl" --log="c:\docume~1\default\locals~1\temp\tmpw--5wf"
Error: The parameter is incorrect.

I am running the latest version of Clamwin 0.97.2
Re: Problems Updating
JHouston

JHouston wrote:
I am running win2k and cannot get this to work right keeps giving me this error:

Could not start process:
"C:\Program Files\ClamWin\bin\freshclam.exe" --stdout --datadir="C:\WINDOWS\All Users\.clamwin\db" --config-file="c:\docume~1\default\locals~1\temp\tmphmivrl" --log="c:\docume~1\default\locals~1\temp\tmpw--5wf"

I am running the latest version of Clamwin 0.97.2

I just noticed that it wont scan either it is giving me this error:

Could not start process:
"C:\Program Files\ClamWin\bin\clamscan.exe" --tempdir "c:\docume~1\default\locals~1\temp" --keep-mbox --stdout --database="C:\WINDOWS\All Users\.clamwin\db" --log="c:\docume~1\default\locals~1\temp\tmpzc6jnp" --infected --max-files=500 --max-scansize=150M --max-recursion=50 --max-filesize=1000M --show-progress --recursive --exclude="[^\]*\.dbx$" --exclude="[^\]*\.tbb$" --exclude="[^\]*\.pst$" --exclude="[^\]*\.dat$" --exclude="[^\]*\.log$" --exclude="[^\]*\.evt$" --exclude="[^\]*\.nsf$" --exclude="[^\]*\.ntf$" --exclude="[^\]*\.chm$" --kill "C:\\"
GuitarBob

Have you just started using ClamWin or did you use the prior verson before .97.2?

Also, see if you can do a manual scan.

How about updating--are you able to do that--scheduled and manual?

Are you using ClamWin in a networked environment?

Regards,
JHouston

GuitarBob wrote:
Have you just started using ClamWin or did you use the prior verson before .97.2?

Also, see if you can do a manual scan.

How about updating--are you able to do that--scheduled and manual?

Are you using ClamWin in a networked environment?

Regards,

I am new to winclam because I installed a fresh install of win2k on an older machine I installed the newest version of clamwin 97.2 I cannot do any kind of updates scheduled or manual nor can I do a manual scan that is what gave me the above errors. I am not in a networked environment.
GuitarBob

Okay. Welcome to ClamWin, and I'm sorry you are having problems with it.

I suggest you completely uninstall ClamWin and then do a new install. Perhaps your install was corrupted from some reason. If the problem(s) still persist, see if an older version will work. The older versions can be downloaded from http://sourceforge.net/projects/clamwin/files/clamwin/ on the web. If the problem spans versons, then it most likely due to a configuration on your computer. There can sometimes be problems with ClamWin on the older computers. It is getting harder to support them, and there are not enough Win 98, 2000, etc. beta testers.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Problems Updating