ClamWin Free Antivirus Forum Index
ClamWin Free Antivirus
Support and Discussion Forums
Reply to topic
DVD FAB .exe:
nursgon

every time I run clamwin it says my DVD FAB exe files are trojins any help I went to the settings and set the file exe. not to be scaned but it still removes them.
GuitarBob

If ClamWin says a file is infected but it is not really infected, this is a false positive. Report false positives to Clam AV and upload the file to them for processing at http://www.clamav.net/lang/en/ on the web. Selecte Report A File from the menu. When you get to the download page, change the type to False Positive if you are reporting one, instead of a virus. Tell them the exact name of the false positive in the Comments section of the upload page.

Clam AV furnishes the scan engine and signature database used by ClamWin. They will fix the false positive signature within a couple of days. You can also use this procedure to report a virus/malware that is not detected by ClamWin.

You can verify a false positive by uploading it to Jotti or Virus Total on the web where they will scan the file with many antiviruses, including Clam AV. I like to see at least 10 AVs say a file is infected before I believe it. If there are less then 10 reporting an infection, I like to see at least 2 of these AVs confirm the infection: Avast, Bit Defender, Kaspersky, NOD32, and Sophos.

Regards,
DVD FAB .exe: